People & Careers
Wellard is passionate in ensuring the business has the right people, skills, diversity, and structures. Committed to the development of a strong and sustainable workforce in a growing environment, Wellard seeks to engage and retain highly motivated and skilled individuals whose values are aligned with those of the Company.
At Wellard it is our aim to provide our employees with:
- A safe working environment;
- A challenging role with opportunities to learn and develop;
- A workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment;
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team environment;
- Continued training and development; and
- Ability to participate and contribute to the communities in which we work.
If you are interested in joining the Wellard Team, please see our Employment Opportunities page, and submit your application.
There are no current vacancies, please check again soon for any employment opportunities which may become available.
The on-board stockmen and stockwomen perform an integral role in Wellard’s operations, caring for our livestock at sea.
This physically demanding position requires men and women with the proven livestock husbandry skills required to care for the sheep and cattle on-board Wellard’s ships.
Please register your interest here:
At Wellard people are our most important asset and therefore protection of Health, Safety is our priority. We believe that all incidents are preventable and commit to striving for workplaces and work practices free from injury and illness.
Wellard’s target is zero injuries and incidents within our business activities. We will drive toward this target by:
- Establishing a climate where everyone feels empowered to speak up and be involved in improving our WHS systems, culture and performance.
- Consulting and collaborating with our employees, contractors and stakeholders in developing an integrated sustainable approach to identifying and managing WHS risks.
- Developing, measuring and reviewing objectives and targets to drive continual improvement in WHS performance.
- Ensuring as a minimum that we comply with legislative and industry standards relating to WHS.
At Wellard, we are committed to building a talented, engaged, and diverse workforce. We understand that to achieve this we must continue to attract and retain a highly skilled and motivated team, and maintain a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination.
Wellard’s selection and recruitment practice involve competency-based recruitment and selection processes focusing on an individual’s skill, experience, and cultural fit. By adopting this philosophy, we ensure that every person we bring into the business has been selected equally and fairly.
Wellard’s Recruitment and Selection:
- Applications – All applications must be submitted with a current resume and an accompanying cover letter addressing why you are suited for the role.
- Interviews – All shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advised of the interview process.
- Verification and Pre-screening – All candidates are required to provide a minimum of two employment references, proof of work entitlements and primary ID. Depending on the position verification may also include police checks and/or a professional background screen. Potential employees may be required to complete a medical assessment including a drug and alcohol screen.